Interislander is committed to protecting the confidentiality of the information we collect and hold. Consequently, we have adopted the following policies to safeguard your personal information. This Policy Statement reflects the requirements of New Zealand's Privacy legislation and its 12 Principles.
- The collection and use of personal information is limited to what is necessary to administer our business, provide customers with the highest quality service, and offer opportunities we think will be of value to customers. We do not disclose any individual information to other organisations, unless authorised by the individual concerned.
- Interislander may, on occasions, collect personal information from visitors to our site on a voluntary basis. Such personal information may include name, title, company, address, phone number, email address, etc. This individual information is used to process transactions initiated by our customers, or for marketing our products, events and/or services, or market research by a third party. We do not sell, rent, or transmit personal information to other organisations.
- When personal information is provided to Interislander, it is held on a secure server with restricted access. We reserve the right to use third parties, who are bound by strict confidentiality guidelines, to perform storage and processing functions on this server. Only designated employees, or third parties, who need to carry out legitimate business functions are permitted to view your personal data. Employees or agents who violate our privacy policies are subject to disciplinary actions, up to and including termination.
- Interislander will not disclose personal information to third parties, unless release is required by law, or is pertinent to judicial or government investigations or proceedings.
Cookies are used by many websites to collect information on visitor activity. For example, which pages are visited, in what order and where visitors come from. This anonymous aggregated information is used to improve the performance of the site and make it easier to use.
There are two types of cookies that we use:
- A persistent cookie remains on your computer between visits to our site. It doesn’t identify you personally, but lets us know that you have visited our site before.
- A session cookie only remains on your computer while you are visiting our site.
Interislander uses Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online. Third-party vendors, including Google, show Interislander ads on sites across the Internet. Interislander and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on someone's past visits to your website.
As a user you can have complete control over how your computer handles cookies by changing the settings in your browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, etc.).