Wellington Region Web Links
We hope that you enjoy your stay in the Wellington region, either as the beginning, or the end, of your Interislander journey.
Use the following links to provide you with some ideas on planning your trip, whether just passing through, or enjoying an extended stay in the region.
- Te Papa - Museum of New Zealand
- Museum of Wellington City & Sea
- Petone Settlers Museum
- The Colonial Cottage Museum
- NZ Rugby Museum - Palmerston North
- Wellington Cable Car Museum
- Adam Art Gallery
- City Gallery Wellington
- The New Dowse
- Expressions - Upper Hutt
- New Zealand Academy of Fine Arts
- Pataka - Porirua
Wellington's compact central city is full of great shops just waiting to be explored.
Wellington Shopping - Your online guide to the latest fashion and shopping news in the city.
Just one hour from Wellington, Martinborough is the centre of the prime winemaking district of the Wairarapa.
- Buses - Go Wellington
- Trains - Tranz Metro
- Bus, train and ferry public transport timetables
- Taxis - Wellington Combined Taxis
- Biking & Walking - Wellington Regional Journey Planner
- Ferry - East by West and Interislander Cook Strait Ferries