Trip Cover Insurance
Trip Cover can be purchased to insure you against certain unexpected losses that may arise during your journey. You will be offered the opportunity to purchase Trip Cover during your booking. If you have already made your booking and wish to add Trip Cover, please contact Chubb Insurance New Zealand Limited directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interislander a division of KiwiRail Limited (company number 487638) (Interislander), promotes this product and Chubb Insurance New Zealand Limited Company number 104656, FSP No. 35924 (Chubb) insures this product. KiwiRail Limited receives a commission from Chubb for promoting this product. The information contained within this website is factual in nature and does not take into account Your personal circumstances, objectives, financial situation or needs and does not constitute financial advice. You should consider the Trip Cover Policy Wording which sets out the terms, conditions, exclusions and limitations, and obtain financial advice if required, before making any decisions about whether to purchase this Policy.
You must be 18 years old or over to purchase Trip Cover. Cover can be purchased on behalf of people under 18 years old.
What does the insurance cover?
- Loss of Deposits and Cancellation Charges (up to $2,500; $200 for airfares)
- Loss or theft of or damage to luggage, electronic equipment or travel documents (up to $10,000; limit of $2,500 for any one item; up to $5,000 for electronic equipment; up to $1,000 for travel documents; up to $50 for water borne craft)
- Travel delay (up to $500)
- Personal liability (up to $1,000,000)
Terms, conditions, exclusions and limitations apply (please check the Trip Cover Policy Wording for full details). For example, there is no cover for:
- Any change of plans or disinclination.
- Loss or theft of damage not reported to police and Interislander within twenty-four (24) hours of the incident occurring.
- Costs or expenses incurred outside the period of insurance.
- Loss carrier caused delays where the cost of the expenses is recoverable from the carrier.
How do I make a claim?
- Advise all claims to Chubb within 30 days of a claim event or as soon as reasonably practicable. (See below for contact details.)
- You must submit all supporting documentation as shown on your claim form.
- Immediately report all loss, theft or damage under any luggage loss or damage to the police, Interislander or other travel carrier and obtain a written acknowledgement.
- For liability claims do not make any admission or offer. Request the claim against you be put in writing.
You can contact Chubb to discuss Trip Cover by calling 0800 422 346 (Monday to Friday 10:30am - 7:00pm). Alternatively, you can email CHUBB at email@example.com
Chubb is one of the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. Chubb’s operation in New Zealand (Chubb Insurance New Zealand Limited) offers corporate Property & Casualty, Group Personal Accident and corporate Travel Insurance products through brokers. More information can be found at www.chubb.com/nz-en.