Waitohi Picton Vehicle Check-in
When you are travelling with a vehicle from Picton, you can head directly to the vehicle check-in and are not required to visit our passenger terminal.
Vehicle check in is via Lagoon Road
Follow the signs to the Interislander ferry as you drive into Picton. Turn left into Kent Street and drive through to Lagoon Road. You will see the entry to Interislander on the right.
If you are driving onboard you do not need to go to the terminal.
To minimise delays, please have your booking details ready to present to check-in staff. Photo ID will be required for all those in the car over 18 years.
If you have stated incorrect vehicle lengths in your booking, you will be asked to move to the side and you will have to pay extra.
Vehicle check-in procedure
- Arrive at least one hour before departure
- Follow the pink signs and road markings for passenger vehicle check-in
- Have your ticket and photo ID ready for the check-in booth attendant
- Stop at check-in booth and exchange ticket for boarding passes
- Follow marshal's instructions to boarding lane and park
- Wait for marshal's instruction to board
- Do not use mobile phones during boarding
- Once on board, follow onboard marshal's directions to park
- Turn off headlights once you have entered the ship, as they may dazzle the marshal's eyes
- Once parked, ensure your handbrake is fully engaged and your car is in "Park" for automatic vehicles or in gear for manual
- Turn off LPG tanks on campervans
- Turn off alarm and anti-tow alarm (if present)
- Lock your vehicle, ensuring all items are secure from damage or theft
- Follow the signs to the lifts and make your way to the passenger area
- Enjoy your sailing!
Also note that:
- Once you have checked in, you must remain with the vehicle.
- If you wish to use the passenger terminal facilities before going to the vehicle check-in, there is only limited short-term parking outside the terminal.
- New bookings and payment of existing bookings must be completed at the passenger terminal.
- If any member of your party wishes to board as a walk-on passenger, then you must all check-in at the Passenger terminal. The driver can then drive back to the vehicle check-in.