Everything you'll need to make your journey extra relaxing: clean towels, four stowable bunk beds and an ensuite bathroom.
Sit back and relax on your journey across Cook Strait...
Whether you are travelling as a family, a couple, or on your own, a private cabin is a great add-on to make you feel at ease during the journey.
Our Kaitaki Cabins include the following:
- Four bunk beds (top bunks can be stowed if they're not required)
- En-suite bathroom with toilet and shower
- Fresh towels & linen
- Reading lamp
How to Book
If cabins are available, you will be given the option to add a number of cabins (you're able to book more than one).
When booking online, simply choose your preferred Kaitaki fare (you can choose any available fare: Saver, Flexible or Refundable fare).
Then, rather than clicking continue, select the green ADD EXTRAS button.
We apologise if you are not able to book a cabin for your preferred journey as we only have a limited number of cabins available to passengers.
Sometimes cabin availability can increase unexpectedly due to last minute cancelations, so we recommend enquiring at the Kaitaki Reception Desk about any availability as soon as you board the ferry.
Check-in & additional information
- Report to Kaitaki reception once on board
- Please have your booking reference available
- There is a $20 deposit required for your keycard, which will be refunded at the end of your journey following a cabin check and return of your card.
- 30 minutes before arrival the crew will ask you to vacate the cabin