The Dangerous Goods Limits document outlines the limits for dangerous goods before you need to complete a Dangerous Goods Declaration Manifest.
Interislander takes passenger safety seriously. If you have any doubts about the goods that you are carrying, please contact the dangerous goods team on 0800 660 670.
More detailed information about Dangerous Goods sailings and Dangerous Goods Declaration Manifests can be found on the Interislander Freight Website.
General Conditions of Carriage
Carriage of Dangerous Goods must also be in accordance with the Interislander General Conditions of Carriage, with specific reference to Section 12.
Commonly available goods that are classified as dangerous for transport include:
- ammunition and fireworks
- aerosol canisters
- LPG cylinders
- oxyacetylene cylinders
- compressed air cylinders for scuba diving
- flammable liquids such as petrol, kerosene, methylated spirits, turpentine, thinners, solvent based paints and epoxy resin
- hardener for epoxy resin
- some swimming pool chemicals
- some commercial and household cleaning products, such as dishwasher detergents
- some garden care products